Delay with Eurolight freeDMX

Hi guys,
i‘m having a problem using the photon 2 app with the freeDMX wifi module via ArtNet.
when i start there is no time delay when i push for example a flash light button.
when i am using the app for a longer time the delay time increases up to 5 seconds. totaly unusable for a live setup.
do you have any tips for me?
thanks for your help

Hi!

Is it this product that you are referring to?
https://www.steinigke.de/en/mpn51860130-eurolite-freedmx-ap-wi-fi-interface.html

I was trying to get it to work as a wifi to ArtNet router in Photon 2…but did not succeed…and most documentation tells that it doesn’t support Artnet.

Anders

yes, that is exactly the Interface im using.
But can‘t get rid of the delay.

Welcome @soundcook !
Hum, this is strange…
Can you please send me an export of your Photon’s show please ? You can do it from the launch screen (shows selection), select it and touch the export button.
What is the model (and year) of iPad you are using ? Maybe it is a general lag and we have to fix it.

Sent you an email.
as a new user i cannot upload attachements.

i think i solved the problem.
it works great when i connect the freeDMX interface with my local Wifi. The iPad is connected to my home Network.
The delay is gone.
so the direct wireless connection with the freeDMX was the problem.

im really happy that it works now. your control app is amazing.

1 Like

Great if this got solved, through this easy fix!

However, I was checking my FreeDMX AP and the configuration webpage…but on my unit…the ARTNET TAB is not available.

I wonder if there is different versions of this model?

Best regards

Anders

well that’s strange.
in this case i just had luck with the version.

Yes, you were just lucky!

After some serious discussions with the Eurolite distributor Steinigke regarding the FreeDMX AP it turned out that they got a single batch with this product where Artnet was enabled. This is nothing they have promised in their specs or support and they can’t guarantee that the next batch will include Artnet functionality for this product.

So if you want to use Photon with Artnet - forget about this dmx interface…otherwise it is a high risk that you will end up with long and exhausting discussions with Steinigke. They will not help you.

Anders

1 Like

Arff… this is not a good news. Thank you for this explanation. What is the protocol supported by Steinigke ? Is it private ?

Hi!

There are some references to the euro lite protocol here - Support Eurolite freeDMX AP Wi-Fi Interface - Q Light Controller+

(A bit down in the thread)

There is somebody which have succeed to understand the api and placed an solution on GitHub.

Best regards

Anders

1 Like

Thank you !
The GitHub repository doesn’t exist anymore :frowning:

Hi!

After some serious research I was sent this link:

Check the txt file!

Best Regards

Anders

@Cclleemm did You see this post?

Best regards

Anders

1 Like

Yes thank you for what you found.
I keep this link but we will not implement the freeDMX driver for now. We have to develop others features first I am sorry…

:slight_smile: Big thanks for answering!

Developing things always takes time - just keep it in the list as one nice feature or path for future versions Photon. :slight_smile:

Keep up the good job!

(It could be wise to download this GitHub info…so it does not get deleted when/if you might need it)

Best regards

Anders

1 Like