Eurolite 3002 cannot be controlled

Hi,

I bought a Eurolite 3002 next light set and intend to control it with photon 2 in 28 channel mode. I just bought a license.

Last week I used Photon in trial mode with an Ayra par led set and all worked fine.

I decided to upgrade to the Eurolite 3002 model. When I try to control the lights I have several strange behaviours:

• I defined a custom fixture as the unit is not in the list of predefined devices. I started by adding RGB on channel 1-3. When doing a simple test with this nothing happens. When I add RGB as custom channels though, it works.
  • When I set colors up as custom channels and I make a sequence between two presets with a fade, the color changes are ‘hard changes’ without fade
  • I cannot use the global dimming (channel 26) as well as the strobe lights (25)

Just as a test I selected the KLS-200 from the list as a device. Of course this gives unexpected results, but partially the RGB worked and also the fades were smooth.

I bought the unit as I plan to use it at a concert next week, any help will be higly appreciated :frowning:

nb: I did all the self and automatic tests with the unit which worked fine.

That has multiple pars, right? Did you assign the master dimmer as channel 28?
I had a similar issue with a complicated fixture - a Gigbar move. The problem I had was that I could only assign rgb as custom sliders like you mention because there are multiple channels on the Gigbar for colors of multiple fixtures … In the end I broke it up and defined multiple “custom fixtures” for each of the individual pars, movers, lasers, etc. in order to use the built in RGB color wheel for every light individually. You might have to do that also.

Thanks for your response!

What I did now is setup the dimmer as a custom channel (channel 26 according to the manual) and then things started working!

Only thing that does not work yet, is when I make a sequence with a fade between colors, this is always a ‘hard transition’ (in the message monitor I also see no transitions between values in this case).

Oh - in your Sequence there are two settings for controlling the fade between scenes. Duration and Fade. Edit the sequence and you’ll see the sliders for that.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I played around with that. But only duration matters, after ‘duration’ the transition is hard, independent whether I put a short or a long fade.

Are you sure you have channel 27 set to 0? Sounds like one of your automatic programs inside the fixture might be running… what you are describing happens in my Chauvet par 64s when I have a built in program selected.

Yes I am sure that is set to 0.

Just extended my fixture definition and what I now also have, is that I cannot mix colors.

So when I set red, the light becomes red (with a certain saturation), and when I then select green, green is shown but it does not mix with red.

Thanks again!

sorry, set up each par, color as a separate custom control and then I can color mix.

Fading still gives the same issue though.