Hi Photon team!
First off, huge thanks for an amazing app. By watching some vids on YouTube of lighting control apps, I decided to buy an iPad, Artnet device as well as the Photon Pro license. Love the app!
I have ever since built my dashboard according my liking and the fixtures I own. There are some features that I would love to see in the future. I’ll try and keep them as short as possible
- A “shift” dial - Basically a timing offset parameter for a particular fixture in a preset. Would add so much dynamics to both movements as well as color.
- Limitations - currently setting the max dmx value is the only way in setting a limitation i.e max x/y axis movement.
However, this is not very practical as I need to re-patch the device after changing any DMX properties. Having a limitation per fixture within each group or even in the devices panel would be of so much help. On this note, editing DMX properties without the need to re-patch would also be very awesome.
- Developer mode (lol this is overkill but here goes) - Basically having fader parameters for each DMX channel of a fixture. This would particularly helpful in cases where you want to check whether the channel properties you have assigned is operating as intended. Currently adding them all as custom controls are the only way.
- The ability to duplicate presets and also copy over to new show perhaps
- Movement FX generator or;
- Preset Learning - Recording a preset (would help with creating dynamic movement effects)
Not sure if I mentioned something that’s already possible, I am quite new to the app.
So glad there’s a community that exists and that I’m able to part of further developing this app into the next BIG BIG THING!
Thanking the Photon team for an amazing job