Philip Hue bridge connection

Hi yes thank you !! It is a very good troubleshooting for us. Is it the same for you @lauf.berghuette_0t ? If it is I know why. Hue entertainment is not possible with more than 10 lights so we have to make an adaptation on photon

I don’t know. I have more than 10 lights in my house, but only 9 lights in my entertainment group.

I’d prefer not to remove the lights to test because I’d need to setup all the lights and scenes again.

You mentioned you need to make an adaptation on photon. How long will this need to be implemented? If you’d like I could test it over TestFlight before a real app update to see if it works?

Hello

I do a lot of research in my lab

Can you send me in mp the video when you try to join.

You can have some major issues with these cases :

• .local suffix to DNS name in your internal network
  • switch with IGMP Snooping
  • AP which filter multicast

I use free Discovery app when I have connections problems to try to check if zeroconf devices are announced properly

Same problem here. After connecting successfully it turns to disconnected. I even purchased the starter pack (128 channels ) but its still not working. It should work whit more than 10 lights right?

I just bought a brand new hue bridge, latest update and I have the same issue. It finds the device, I select it and then it immediately disconnects. Kind of annoyed because I bought a hue system JUST for photon’s ability to use it so I can match my DMX to lamps.

Hi,

we are very sorry, this feature seems to have a problem. This is very difficult for us to fix it because we can’t reproduce it ourself and troubleshot it. We are developing more logs and a way for you to extract it, it will help us to understand the problem… @Luc the limitation of 10 lights it is not a Photon limitation, it is a Philips Hue Entertainment bridge limit. The starter and pro plan of Photon is only for DMX channels.

Hi!

Any update on this topic? I have just learned about this app and got exited, but I ran into same issue. No Photon Entertainment group has been created in my Hue app.
Let me know if any logs or anything else from me could help.

Hello

In the next version, which should be released this week, we will introduce a system allowing you to send your logs and more for a more detailed analysis. This should help us diagnose your problem, let’s talk about it in a week if that’s ok?

Do you see bulbs into device panel?

I have this issue with another entertainment app
And with the free app Hue Essentials, i have removed a lot of unused tokens and my bridge has accepted my app again

Of course! Thanks! I will keep an eye on this thread.

Bulbs have been imported to Photon initially, but were offline later, as connection with bridge lasts for couple of seconds

Hello,

On my side when I had problems with Hue connection, I see with this app Hue Essentials, a lot of unused token and too much ressources created by google home, etc…

if Hue bridge is too much feed, the bridge can be unstable.

RPReplay_Final1662416717

You can try another app with Philips EDK feature like ‎Lights and Music (HUE Lights) dans l’App Store. When the bridge is root cause, this app will crash with hues too.

Please note you must connect iPad to same network as bridge when you’re doing entertainment with hue

It looks like there are a lot of old tokens shown in Hue Essentials, but I can’t remove them.
Also, I can see that there is a new version of the app that features diagnostics! Great news! Should I provide any data?

Hello
To delete it in hue essentials
Swipe to the left

For diag data you can enable Debug mode and we will provide you a case number if problem persists

Yes, I tried swiping left, but then nothing happens. It looks like it’s deleting, but actually the records stays as it was. I tried with different records, but I wasn’t able to delete any.

I was able to reinstall Hue Essentials and clean up the bridge. Problem still occurs, though.

I have exactly the same Problem as described above. Hue brigdge “disconnects” instantly.

Hi @jojo !
Did you try it ? Philip Hue bridge connection - #32 by djgreg13

Hi,
Has there been any progress on the topic?
I am new to Photon (looks promising!), but unfortunately ran into the same issue with Hue Bridge disconnects.
I am able to briefly connect to the Hue Bridge and Photon shows all my lights. However, within 1-2 seconds Photon disconnects from the Hue Bridge and stays disconnected.
I have tried the suggestions in this thread, but this didn’t resolve the issue.
The Photon entertainment group was not created in the Hue environment.
Other apps using then Hue entertainment groups are working flawless.
Any further ideas how this can be resolved?

Best regards,
JBP

Quick update:
I have now manually created the entertainment group („PhotonEntertainmentGroup“) in the Hue app, and now the Photon App is not disconnecting anymore. It seems to work now.

To me it appears that it’s not a „real“ connectivity issue, but simply a bug in the Photon-mechanism to create this group in the first place.

3 Likes