Philip Hue bridge connection

Hey guys, I’m having trouble connecting my Philip hue bridge. I can find the bridge and connect to it but it disconnects immediately prompting me to connect again.
Anyone have any advice on this? Do I need to buy the app to unlock that potential?

Thanks in advance.

Julio U

Hi and welcome @Juliou20 !
This is very strange, Philips Hue is a free feature, you don’t have to pay to use it.
What you Philips hue bridge looks like ? Is it a bridge v2 ?

Please, can you send us a screenshot of your Philips Hue app, looks in Entertainment if the PhotonEntertainmentGroup exists. Like this :

Same problem here.
Premium Photon 2 license. Newest bridge.

As soon as I’m prompted to select a hubs IP address (that’s the only hub there is) I get a disconnect message and a prompt to look for a hub.

Made a video of it but it doesn’t upload to here.

Please, can you send us a screenshot of your Philips Hue app, looks in Entertainment if the PhotonEntertainmentGroup exists ?

Try to send me the video by YouTube or with an upload platform ?

It’s happening for me too. On Mac and iPad.

Hi and welcome !

Please, can you send us a screenshot of your Philips Hue app, looks in Entertainment if the PhotonEntertainmentGroup exists ?

No, there’s not a PhotonEntertainmentGroup in my Hue app.

Just after connecting the bridge in Photon it says “Philips Hue Bridge disconnected” on top.

Also, how did you make the screenshot on your iPhone?

I can only find it in the iPad App Store, not the iPhone App Store

Ok this is strange, it appear that Photon can’t connect to the bridge. How old is your bridge? Is it very recent?
This is a screenshot of the Philips Hue application on iPhone, not of Photon.

Sorry, my mistake!

It’s the hue bridge 2.1 and I have it since about 4 years.

I still can’t use Photon

I understand but I can’t understand well. @djgreg13 do you have any idea to a procedure to generate a log trace which could help us to investigate ?

Moreover did you already tried to use another « entertainment » hue app (not made by Philips) and can you tell me if it works well ?

You can also try to uninstall Photon a retry to connect from scratch the app. This is a very strange behavior but you are not the only one

Yes, I’ve used other apps that use “entertainment” and they connect well.

I’ve already tried to delete and reinstall the app, but it didn’t work.

I did a factory reset on the hue bridge and setup all the lights from scratch. Still the same error when connecting the bridge.

Ok thank you for all this tests.
@djgreg13 please can you explain to @lauf.berghuette_0t how to extract the log IPS file ?
It will help us to understand what is blocking.

@Cclleemm how can I do that?

Try to connect to your bridge (to create logs for us for analyse) then can you send analytics report of last crash ?

You can find here : Settings>Privacy>Analytics->Analytics Data

There are a bunch of files. But they’re sorted alphabetically and I can’t find anything when I search for “Photon”. What ips file do you need from there?

Yes indeed we are a little bit annoyed, applications generate log files only when they crash. But here it’s not the case so it will be very complicated to diagnose.
Especially if it works with other entertainment app, we have to try to understand what could be the difference…
Your bridge is directly wired to your router and you are on exactly the same network ?
I have no more idea to help you, but I want to know why it doesn’t work !

Hey, there I had a similar situation with the hue prompt telling me “disconnected” just after a successful link. After some troubleshooting I retested it with less than 10 lights configured on the bridge (lights paired to the bridge) and the problem disappeared.